No More Meat!
Well, since RJ has decided he is a vegetarian my husband have decided to go on the journey with him and remove red meat, chicken or turkey from his diet and only eat fish and salmon. I am now scrambling to find delicious vegetarian recipes and fun ideas for lunch and dinner. I have found a few great recipes on blogs and now just coming up with others randomly. Let’s see if RJ will try some of the fish and add that to his menu.
My first attempt at a vegetarian recipe for dinner was not as bad I thought. Here goes!
Veggie and Pasta Medley
8- Baby Cabbage
8 – Med Baby Carrots
¼ Green Pepper
¼ Red Peppers
¼ Yellow Peppers
¼ Orange Peppers
4 – Sprigs of Asparagus
6 – Sprigs of Broccoli
½ – Zucchini
½ teaspoon of garlic salt or Mrs Dash
1 tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce
1 – Box Penne Pasta |
1 – Jar – 16 ounces Barilla Marinara Sauce
1 – Tbsp Olive Oil
¼ cup of water
- Wash vegetables and place in medium size bowl.
- Slice vegetables to size of your preference.
- Place large saucepan on stove on medium heat.
- Add olive oil to saucepan then add vegetables, Mrs. Dash/Garlic Salt and soy sauce.
- Place on low heat, pour in water as needed and steam for 5 minutes.
- If you prefer for your vegetables to be softer then leave on low for another 5 minutes.
- Boil penne pasta on medium heat until it is to your preferred texture.
- Drain pasta and add to large mixing bowl.
- Add marinara sauce and stir. Serve with mixed vegetables or prepare as meals and store.
Recipe by: GenMom
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Bon a Petit!
Best until next time!
Leave a Reply