Words of Love and Affirmation
I am an optimist and have always been that way. I always see the glass half full and have no place for negativity in my life or around my family. I do not surround myself with people who are negative and go out of my way to block it when it is in my space.
We live in a world where if we are not careful negativity can tarnish and overtake our every thought. If this is happening to us as adults imagine how our children are processing all of the information they may hear when they are away from us and encounter negative people who may try to dim their light towards greatness. We are very deliberate in how we speak to RJ, what and whom we expose him to that could affect him positively or negatively. We shower him with positive energy and love in every way possible everyday and make sure that he has the confidence to challenge anyone who would suggest or tell him otherwise.
When RJ started Pre-K we realized that we had to develop the reinforcements he would need everyday to navigate the new environment away from home. We place notes of affirmation in his book bag, an the liner of his lunch bag, on his water bottle, tell him in the car on our way to school and have them in his room on the wall. Now that he is in 1st Grade he loves reading them when he is at lunch and they are great conversation starters with his classmates and kids who sit next to him.
There is no wavering in making sure that he will be a confident, motivated and emotionally healthy young man. He loves the moments when we talk about the affirmations and what they mean to him and to the people who love him. He calls them his “Love Notes”
Here are some of the affirmations that we send RJ off with everyday. We rotate them daily and weekly. Sometimes we ask RJ what affirmation he would like once I read them off to him and he selects.
Words of Love and Affirmation
- You can accomplish anything you set out to do.
- We love that you continue to always do your best.
- You always keep your promises.
- We love that you are curious.
- You are loved.
- We love that you are very helpful.
- You are bold and courageous
- You are so kind.
- We are thankful to God for you.
- We love that you respect others and we respect you.
- Love yourself as much as we love you.
- We can’t imagine our lives without you.
- You are getting stronger everyday.
- You are loved and There is no one like you.
- You are amazing on the inside and out.
- You are getting smarter every day.
- We love that you always use kind words.
- We are so proud of you.
- You have been working hard and we are proud of you.
- You are very special to us.
We believe in pouring love and positive energy into everything that RJ does and everything he wants to become. We can see the positive affects it has on him and how he interacts with his classmates and anyone he is around. We have to start sowing seeds of Love and Positivity in our children early and reinforce at every opportunity.
I used red note cards to create the hand written notes. Laminated them and then used little red foam sticker hearts to place on the front of the card.