It’s Tasty Tuesday!
This Tuesday we have this tasty Lasagna!! This in one of my best so far! It’s layered with ground chicken and heavy on the spinach. It looks and is quite tasty. 🤤 are you hungry yet?
I think this recipe is perfect for a Sunday dinner or during the week. It would definitely be a crowd pleaser for a dinner party. I’m going to be testing a gluten-free, dairy free vegetable lasagna for my son and will share it with you all. The trick is that he has a number of food allergies but I found gluten-free pasta and if that doesn’t work then I will take an attempt to make homemade gluten-free lasagna noodles.
I’ve added a recipe card for the lasagna where you can save to your phone so it’’s easy for you to use ✨ Don’t forget to check out some of my other recipes
1 – medium onion, finely chopped
3 – cloves of garlic, minced
2 – tbsp Italian seasoning
1 – tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 – (15 oz.) jars prepared marinara sauce
1 1/2 -tbsp. olive oil
2 – pounds ground chicken
15 oz. ricotta cheese
1 – egg (egg substitute)
5 oz.- baby spinach
3/4 – cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb.- lasagna noodles
1 lb. – shredded low moisture part skim mozzarella
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the ground chicken and brown. Once the chicken has browned, push it to one side of the skillet/saucepan and add in the onion and garlic. Reduce the heat to medium.
2. Sprinkle in the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the onions are fragrant and soft.
3. Pull the chicken back to the middle of the pan and mix with the onions and garlic.
4. Add in the marinara sauce, reduce the heat, and let the sauce simmer. Taste and add more salt as needed.
5. Preheat the oven to 375°F and prepare your lasagna baking dish or small foil pan. OPTIONAL: spray the dish with non-stick cooking spray.
6. While the sauce simmers, in a large bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, egg, and parmesan cheese.
Prep:! Wash spinach and let sit on paper towel to dry excess water.
1. Spoon a thin layer of sauce across the bottom of the prepared pan. Cover with either uncooked or parboiled lasagna noodles to make a solid, even layer.
Spoon ricotta cheese over the noodles and use the back of your spoon to spread it evenly then add a layer of spinach until you can see any of the sauce below.
2. Add a layer of mozzarella cheese. Then a nice thick layer of sauce, noodles, spinach, the remaining ricotta, and mozzarella. Repeat with one more layer of lasagna (you should be nearing the end of the pound at this point), add any remaining sauce, and cover the top with mozzarella cheese.
3. Bake for 35-40 minutes. You want the sauce to be bubbly and the cheese to be completely melted and browned at the edges.
4. Let the lasagna rest for at least 15-20 minutes before slicing. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired and serve.
Let the lasagna cool completely before refrigerating to store.
It will keep, refrigerated, for about a week!
Leave a Reply