I decided to try a new recipe and thought I would try making Paella. I love rice and seafood so decided to prepare shrimp Paella. It was really easy to prepare and absolutely delicious. The next time I will prepare the Paella with other seafood and chicken. I have seem a lot of recipes with various meats or seafoods so this should be fun.
Preparation Time: 30 Mins
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (optional)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup of mixed vegetables
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 cups uncooked short-grain yellow rice
1 bay leaf
½ cup of water
1/2 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Boil shrimp for 5 minutes on medium to high heat until both sides are pink.
- Strain shrimp in cold water and place in a bowl on the side. Peel if preferred.
- In a medium bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons olive oil, paprika, oregano, and salt and pepper. Stir in Shrimp to coat. Cover, and refrigerate.
- Cook rice and add to the side in mixing bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic, red and yellow peppers, mixed vegetables and pepper flakes, and rice.
- Add 3 tablespoon of water (more if needed), stirring, to coat rice with oil, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in bay leaf and parsley. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 20 minutes.
Spread rice mixture onto a serving tray. Top with shrimp mixture.
All the best until next time!