I have been trying a few new recipes lately and this is one of my new favorites. I was in our supermarket and ran across Eaton’s Rum BBQ Sauce and thought well this should be a tasty recipe and anything that says Jamaica and rum can’t go wrong. I was not disappointed and will definitely add this to my list of favorites. If you really like rum and you are only preparing for adults then I would suggest to add 4-6 tablespoons of Jamaican white rum or substitute with Bacardi to the BBQ sauce mix. Should give it a little kick. Enjoy!
Jamaican Rum BBQ Chicken Recipe
For 6 Person(s)
- 3 pound(s) chicken drumsticks/thighs
- 1/2 cup(s) Lemon Juice
- 3 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- ½ cup onion, cut into wedges
- ½ tablespoon Grace Browning Sauce
- 1 cup of Eaton’s Jamaican Rum BBQ Sauce**
- 2 tablespoon(s) Vegetable or Olive Oil
- ¼ cup red sweet pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup green sweet pepper, chopped
- Clean chicken and remove any skin if desired. Wash in a lemon juice and water solution (4 1/2 cups water).
- In a bowl, add soy sauce, browning sauce, ½ tablespoon parsley, sweet peppers and onions.
- Add chicken to the mixture above and allow to marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. (overnight would be preferred)
- Add Vegetable/Olive Oil to marinated chicken pieces until all is covered.
- Add chicken to large flat baking pan covered with aluminum foil or Pyrex dish to bake.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes then turn over.
- Use a brush to spread the Eaton’s Jamaican Run BBQ Sauce across the chicken and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn over chicken and add remaining BBQ sauce across the top and bake for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining parsley to sprinkle across chicken and leave in oven for 5-10 minutes with oven turned off.
- Side Dish Serving Suggestions: White rice, rice and peas or steamed vegetables.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Temperature: 375 degrees
All the best until next time!
Leave a Reply