One of my favorite seasoning to use is Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning. Here is one of my favorite jerk seasoning that I like to prepare this dish for dinner at least two few times during the year and definitely bake at least two to three of them for thanksgiving every year. My family loves having this as part of our thanksgiving dinner instead of the regular baked turkey. Leftovers make for a great jerk sandwich. Hope you have a chance to try the recipe and you enjoy.
Jamaican Jerk Turkey
5 lbs turkey breast
5 tablespoon Walkerswood jerk seasoning
2 teaspoon browning sauce
4 tablespoon of olive oil
4 tablespoon of water
2 tablespoon of butter
- Wash the turkey breast with vinegar
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Use a paper towel to pat down the outside of the turkey.
- Pat the outside of the turkey down with paper towels.
- Use the microwave to melt the butter.
- Take 5 tablespoons of the Jerk Seasoning/Sauce and mix with the butter, browning sauce, water and olive oil. If it is too thick use a food processor to liquefy
- Fill your turkey injector with the mixture
- Inject the turkey breast with the mixture.
- Make 2 large slices across each side of the turkey breast. Use a flat knife and add jerk seasoning inside the sliced areas
- Rub the remaining Jerk Seasoning/Sauce on the outside and inside of the turkey. Rub under the turkey skin and in every cavity.
- Leave the turkey breast covered at room temperature for 3-4 hours. This will allow the seasoning to marinate into the meat. Put in the refrigerator to marinate overnight. Please note that putting it in the freezer
- Place in the oven covered with foil on 425 degrees for 45 minutes turning it to the other side for another 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for 30 minutes until browned. Check with temperature gauge to make sure it is fully cooked.
Enjoy with white rice and steamed vegetables.
All the best until next time!